Becoming a Volunteer
Dear Prospective Volunteer,
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer at Cabell Huntington Hospital. Our Volunteer Program is filled with wonderful individuals wanting to be of service and we appreciate your interest in joining our ranks. We ask that you only proceed with your applications if you agree to all the requirements listed below:
- We ask for a minimum commitment of four hours weekly for six months. Most positions within the medical center are four-hour shifts; some may be less or a little longer. Each assignment listed in the application process indicates openings and shifts.
- Adult volunteers are ages 18 years and above. Our VolunTeen program only accepts new teens during the spring of each year. Those applications are separate and only available from February 1 to April 15th. Teen applications submitted through the adult application process will be rejected.
- A TB (PPD) test is required and is provided by the hospital.
- A basic background check and drug screening is performed on all volunteers. Be sure to list any violations that may appear on any report. In addition, a blood panel is required to determine immunization titers.
- The hospital requires and provides flu vaccines during flu season.
- Once your online application is completed and submitted, someone from Volunteer services will contact you for an interview. The interview will take approximately 30 to 60 minutes. The interview is intended to match your interest and strengths with our department needs. Not all applicants are placed and you will be notified either way.
- Confidentiality forms, photo releases and orientation materials will be completed once placement has been determined.
Please complete the steps below to become a volunteer:
- Complete the Volunteer Application.
- Someone with the Volunteer Services Department will call you for an interview.
- TB test, drug screening, and background check are required.
- COVID and flu vaccines are required. (Flu vaccines provided on-site)
- Attend a mandatory volunteer orientation.
- Minimum of one 4-hour shift per week for a 6-month minimum.
We look forward to meeting you and again appreciate your interest in our program.
Julie A. Neal
Director of Volunteer Services
Lauren E. Francis
For more information, please call 304-526-2113.